Thursday, April 19, 2012

Put it on almost anything Herb Butter

 

  I have to tell you all about this herb butter I whipped up a couple nights ago!  My Hubby and I have been in love with the honey butter I've been making for the Beer Bread lately that I was inspired the other night to make an herb butter.  Now I know what your thinking, herb butter isn't some new culinary invention, but this herb butter I made is so universal and delicious and so easy to make however you want with whatever you have in your garden and/or spice rack.  Its so Easy that it should be forever a staple in your fridge.  It will help for those days your same old same old dinner or lunch or breakfast makes you want to cry. Who needs those expensive Herb Butters and Herb Cream Cheeses when...you can do it yourself and have this Little Gem!

 I am warning you, I made my Herb Butter very spicy!  We like it hot in our kitchen!  So if your not into spicy, leave out the peppers and rely only on herbs.  Use Basil, Rosemary, Sage, Parsley, Cilantro...whatever tickles you tounge!  I put this over Salmon and Filet, and then the next night I put it over Portabella Mushrooms.  You can use it to Saute Veggis, Stir it into Rice, Couscous, or Quinoa (I did this).  It can be spread on toast or used in eggs.  It really is such a versatile little dish of magic!



Put it on Almost Anything Herb Butter






Ingredients: (The base of it):
* 1 Stick Butter/ 4 TBSP Margarine 
* 1 TBSP Honey
* 1 Garlic Clove
* 1/2 tsp Salt (leave out if butter or Marg. is salted)
   ------------------------------
   This is where you get creative
  -------------------------------
* 1/2 TBSP Black Pepper
* 1/2 tsp Red Pepper
* 2 TBSP Chopped Fresh Chives




Directions:






1) Take your smooth Butter or Margarine and place in dish.
If Butter is still hard, place in microwave for 3-5 seconds
 per each side until smooth.









2) Add your Honey.  Stir to combine.


3)  Place all your herbs and spices and Garlic into the butter .  Stir Until it is completely combined... 


And there you have it... Put it on almost anything Herb Butter!


No comments:

Post a Comment