Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Beer Bread


So, my mom has been talking my ear off about this recipe she dug out of her book.  All the ladies in her office have fallen head over heels for this bread that she makes for them.  So I decided to try it for Easter and I made it with Yuengling and White Wheat Flour.  It is beyond simple and comes out Crusty and Rustic on the outside, but dense and chewy on the inside.  We absolutely LOVED it, but I wouldn't be me if I didn't mess around with the recipe to make it even more delicious.
 I've made it a few more times and have decided that to make this fluffy and flavorful, you need to use Bread Flour and Dark Beer, but it not necessary, it will still come out great.  I haven't had All Purpose Flour in my kitchen (which the Original recipe calls for), so if you try it let me know how it comes out. But see, I made this bread even more scrumptious.  I thought to myself, what flavors come to mind when you think of Dark Beer...I thought, Chocolate, Caramel, Vanilla...Honey... Duh Homemade Honey Butter will be Awesome with this bread is.  The bread alone is out of this world amazing, but with some melted honey butter practically dripping off of a Hot from the oven slice, pretty much makes this impossible to not eat the entire loaf before it even cools off.  Try this recipe out...I bet you will make this ALL THE TIME!!!


Beer Bread

Ingredients:
* 3 1/2 Cups Flour (I used Bread Flour)
* 3 TBSP Sugar
* 1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
* 1 tsp Baking Powder
* 1 Beer
* 1 Egg


Oven @ 375* for 45 minutes

PRINT RECIPE


Directions:
1) Add your 3 1/2 cups Flour, 3 TBSP Sugar, 1 1/2 tsp Salt and 1 tsp Baking Powder in your mixing bowl and mix slightly with a fork.










2) Poor in Beer and Mix with fork until combined.  DO NOT OVER MIX.










3) Dust your work space with some flour and flour your hands. Your Dough will be very wet and sticky, so take the Dough and roll into flour so all sides have flour.  Quickly work into a ball or log...I like the log shape because it creates more even slices.












4) Scramble your egg and brush the onto the top of your loaf then Score the loaf with a very sharp Knife.











5) Place your Beer Bread into the oven or toaster oven @ 375* for 45 minutes.











6) Remove from oven and try to let the Loaf rest for at least 10-15 minutes (It will be hard, but worth the wait)










------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While that is cooking, You can whip up your Homemade Honey butter.  Its so simple, there was no need for me to take pictures...The ingredients below are enough for the whole loaf, as long as you find your willpower not to scoop this...HERE WE GO...

Ingredients:


* 1 Stick Butter or 1/2 cup Margerine
* 1 tsp Vanilla
* pinch of Kosher Salt
* Honey to taste (about 2 TBSP)

(If your butter is not thawed, place in microwave for 3-5 seconds per each side until it is soft)

- Mix, Butter, Vanilla, Salt and Honey together until smooth.  Taste to see if it needs more honey.
- Serve as is, or refrigerate to harden up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment