Monday, April 16, 2012

Breakfast Quesadilla



This weekend was very hectic.  My Hubby and I had to re design our front yard landscaping.  So This morning, I wanted to make something different for breakfast that was much healthier than the frozen waffle he was requesting.  So I looked in the fridge and came up with this Breakfast Quesadilla.  You can Add anything your eggy heart desires, but this is what I had and let me tell you..it was DELICIOUS, and received 2 thumbs up (which I don't get too often because he's quite the picky taster).  Not only did the two of us eat this right up, but what kid doesn't like an ooey gooey cheesy Quesadilla?




Breakfast Quesadilla




Ingredients:

-Flour Tortilla
-Eggs
-Cheese (any melty kind, I used American for the hubby and Veggie Cheese for myself)
-Diced Onion
-Diced Roasted Red Pepper
-Butter, Oil, Margarine (whatever you use to saute)
-Cooking Spray


Printable Recipe



*Dice up your Onion and Roasted Red Pepper and throw into your pan to Saute...


(Please excuse my cooktop...
recipes to come on how to clean this almost effortlessly)

*Scramble your eggs in separate bowl, and pour over Sauteed Veggies...


*Turn heat down to about medium-low, and use a non abrasive utensil and constantly move your eggs around until they are cooked...


*Once your eggs are cooked to your liking, place in a bowl to the side or remove pan from heat.  In a non stick pan, spray with cooking spray and turn heat to Med-High.  Place your tortilla onto greased pan and place your cheese on one half...


*Now take your egg mixture and fill up the Quesadilla, and then place the rest of your cheese on top, as close to the edge as possible...


*Fold the other half over with your spatula and fork as you press down slightly with the spatula until the cheese takes hold...


*Once it is folded and staying together, remove from pan and cut in half.  Take a big bite out of an easy breakfast that can please almost any picky eater!


I hope you and your family think this breakfast is a delicious step away from the usual eggs and toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment