Friday, May 4, 2012

Super Easy Homemade Granola



The other day, I was searching through Pinterest and I stumbled Upon this Homemade Rasin Bran Recipe from .  I was inspired to do this myself...But The more I thought of doing ALL of it, made me decide to start just with Granola.  and I am so glad I did! I did some research on Easy Granola Recipes and stumbled upon this Homemade Granola Recipe from TinyUrbanKitchen.com... it is SO Super Easy!!!  Not only is it Easy, it is more delicious than ANY Granola I have every brought before.  And let me tell you...I have bought my fair share of granola...




Besides the fact that this Granola is so delicious there are 2 major perks in my book about it.

#1... You can add WHATEVER you want...I mean anything...
#2... It is CHEAP!  Especially because most of us have everything in the cupboard already.

Thanks to this recipe, I vow to never buy Expensive, not as delicious Granola ever again!  I follow both of these amazing websites, they have amazing Recipes.  I suggest you pop on over to both of these fabulous websites,  tinyurbankitchen.com and willowbirdbaking.com get inspired to cook as I do every day.

I took the Tiny Urban Kitchen Granola Recipe but wanted to add almonds.  Almonds are so good for us with tons of vitamins, protein, and are an alkaline food which is good for balance in our bodies.  Plus, the hubby really likes them.  So As I was toasting them, I decided to add the Oats and toast them as well.  Im not sure if it makes much of  a difference, but hey, it was worth a shot!  So lets make some Granola...


Super Easy Homemade Granola

Printable Recipe

* 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
* 1/3 cup Oil
* 1/3 cup Honey
* 1-2 TBSP Brown Sugar
* 1 tsp Vanilla
* Pinch of Salt
* 1 cup Almonds chopped (optional)





1) Toast Almonds (and Oats if desired) in pan on high heat.  Continuously toss so they don't burn.  Once you smell them, they are ready.












2) In a Bowl, Mix together 1/3 cup Oil, 1/3 cup Honey,  1-2 TBSP Brown Sugar, 1 tsp Vanilla and a pinch of salt.











3) Mix your Oats and Almonds into the Honey Mixture until coated evenly.











4)  Spread your Granola onto a baking sheet (with Parchment paper)  into as thin a layer as possible.
      (you may need to do 2 batches if using a small pan)








5) Bake @ 350* F for 20 minutes.  Toss Granola at 10 mins or when the top is nicely golden brown.















6)  Take your granola and spread out onto a greased board to let cool.  It will still be "chewy", as it cools off, it will crunchify very nicely.


7)  Once completely cooled, break up into small pieces and/or put into a Tupperware and shake until it breaks up.


No comments:

Post a Comment